Sometimes you need a healthy, calorie packed, easy to grab snack for yourself or your kiddos but you are literally too busy to turn on the oven and wait for something to bake. Well here you go people. The great thing about these yummy energy packed granola bars is that they are super customizable. (Is that a word? Well, it is now.) It is so frustrating to me when I go to make a recipe and I’m missing a few key ingredients. You can really adapt these to whatever you have in your pantry right now or whatever your’e craving at the moment.
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 c dried fruit (I used chopped apricots)
- 1 c nuts (I used 1/2 almonds and 1/2 cashews)
- 2 medjool dates, chopped roughly
- 2 TBL dried berries (I used goji)
- 1/4 c seeds (I used 1/2 sesame and 1/2 hemp)
- dash of sea salt (omit this if your nuts are salted)
- (1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2/3 c brown rice syrup (you can also try maple syrup, agave, or honey but I would start with maybe 1/3 c)
- 2 TBL coconut oil (melted)
- 1 TBL coconut butter or any nut/seed butter (I used cashew butter)
Combine wet ingredients in a double boiler or microwave for a minute and stir together.
Combine dry ingredients together.
Pour wet over dry and stir together until evenly coated.
Spread into a parchment lined baking dish and smooth out flat using another piece of parchment so your hand doesn’t stick.
Let chill in the fridge or freezer for 30 min-1 hour.
Slice into desired shape and individually wrap in parchment. Store in airtight container in fridge or freezer.
These are so decadent they feel like you’re being naughty but you’re not! I love to add chocolate to these sometimes for a little naughtiness. Try adding mini chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or raw cacao nibs. Enjoy!
P.s. I’d love to know how these worked for you and what substitutions you made. Let me know in the comments.